VMware Cloud Community
tjansen1227
Contributor
Contributor

vSAN Multiple Fabrics

Hi All,

I was wondering if you could help me. I have a customer with a vSAN ESA cluster, using 4x 25Gb NICs in a DvS. I/O control is used to dedicate bandwidth to vSAN and redundancy achieved by connecting the uplink adapters to 2 different switches in an MLAG with the same subnet. The cluster is 5 node (RAID 5). We are seeing that the links are nearly fully saturated in the current config but we were looking to distribute the I/O more efficiently. We have tried using 2 different subnets for the vmknics as per the best practice but the vsan guide says that traffic should not be load balanced between the nics. Is there a way that we can split the I/O across between the 2 vsan networks on different subnets ?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
depping
Leadership
Leadership

Use something like LACP if you want some form of load balancing, you won't see much benefits from having two fabrics, in my opinion it just complicates things to be honest.

tjansen1227
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. Is there a way to configure that so that the vSAN traffic is load balanced as from the KB articles, both physical nics won't be used ?

0 Kudos