VMware Cloud Community
technot22
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot register vmware vsphere (Any)

I am trying to download vmware 6.0 (I tried other versions too), when I click register, a blank page appears, looking from the search this seems to be a regular failure of the vmware.com website, anybody has a fix? (seems unconceivable with the prices vmware charges and how massive vmware is that they cannot even have a webpage for registering a product working that's why I am asking).

Yes, I am logged in

Yes, I cleared my cache and cookies and retried

Yes, I have tried 10 different browsers 4 computers, 10 different ip addresses

Yes, I have made an account deactivated and made a new one

Yes, I have been on every single thread out there with this problem, seems that right after someone posts this problem it's fixed

Yes, I have tried both business and individual

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

To me, it makes sense that VMware don't allow trials of 6.0 since not even 6.7 is supported any more.

Customers who have a paid-for licence and active support contract should still be able to download the older binaries.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
technot22
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting this is your answer specially because I have bolded out I have tried other versions too, including latest

I am trying to download vmware 6.0 (I tried other versions too)

Also, for your response here:

@scott28tt wrote:

To me, it makes sense that VMware don't allow trials of 6.0 since not even 6.7 is supported any more.

Customers who have a paid-for licence and active support contract should still be able to download the older binaries.

It makes no sense what so ever, what about people who buy used servers that can only support older versions of vmware, like me. You ll deny service and access to those folks because?! Is this the actual stance from VMware since you are an employee (says your tag)? You do not want to support free trial and potential customers who have hardware compatibility issues because they want to buy used servers at a lesser price?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You didn’t say what other version you had tried, could have been 6.5 or 6.7.

Become a paying customer by buying a licence and you can downgrade your purchased licence to 6.x if you want, and access the 6.x binaries.

You seem to have spotted my tag, but not read my signature - yes I am an employee but contribute here in no official capacity, I just try and help people where I can.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
technot22
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting, so rather then been humble and try to actually give a practical solution or wait until you have one you rather say, buy even though you cannot download the iso for even try it.

Thank you, I ll stick with deactivating my account, I see how warm the community is around here, rather use XCP.

by the way the name of the post is Cannot register vmware vsphere (Any)

Close this tread please, it has been solved, vmware is not a good choice for me.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

So by me offering some information that you might not have been aware of, and trying to help you in an unofficial capacity, you've now come to the conclusion that using completely different software is best for you.

Interesting.

0 Kudos