VMware Cloud Community
Eric_DeLong1
Contributor
Contributor

Lost ESX from Vsphere Client

I have a rather pressing issue.  I have two ESX systems, recently the second one failed.  I have spun up a replacement, and it is working 100%, my original ESX which is hosting my three Virtual Servers is also running fine, BUT when I am in VSphere Client I can only "see" one unit at a time.  I can log into both.

I have my original 5.1 VCenter and Vspere software, and access to the original license key.

1. is there a way to "reconnect" so Vsphere client sees both?

2. do I have to reinstall VCenter and rebuild vsphere? (an not lose my servers)

if number 2 above can I "use original license key or should I contact VMware to transfer.

All of the above is also essentially temporary as I am hoping to get our Town management to authorize moving to a Cloud VM solution.

thanks for any help you folks can give.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Your post needs moving, so I have reported it the the moderators.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

If I understand you correctly, you are running two ESXi 5.1 hosts, that should both managed by vCenter Server?

If so, all you need to do is to login to your vCenter Server instance, and "connect" (add) the newly installed ESXi host to the inventory.

André

0 Kudos