VMware Cloud Community
JessOlson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VC 7 U3 - Cannot Backup

Upgraded three of my vCenters (linked) yesterday to VC 7 U3. Prior to the upgrade, all three were on VC 7 U2d and backed up successfully. However, following the upgrade (which installed without issue), one of the three vCenters wont backup.

The backup fails reporting that the "Db is unhealthy". However, on the main VAMI status page, the VC health is listed as good along with DB listed as good.

vc backup.pngvc status.png

Rebooting vCenter doesn't seem to solve this issue. Additionally, if I backup with the DB Heath Check option disabled, the backup will not restore, erroring out on Stage 2 with a non-descriptive error message and leaving a non-working VC (that only shows "Unable to get deployment status." in the VAMI).

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

In case this is a production environment, I'd suggest that you open a support case with VMware to solve this issue.

I'm currently not sure which log file contains details about the DB health check, but I'd start with searching /var/log/vmware/applmgmt/backup.log for hints.

André

0 Kudos
JessOlson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just a note for anyone that finds this post in the future: The KB released last Wednesday resolves this issue.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/86084

Tags (1)
0 Kudos