VMware Cloud Community
Mulgrew
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Snapshots - Resolution settings

Very odd question for the group and I'm guessing the answer may be "No". I maintain gold images and snapshots that are used in a Citrix environment and pushed out using MCS. One of the final steps anytime we update a gold image is to set the screen resolution to 1024x768 for our BOTS that run automation. Sometimes the team may accidently skip/forget that last step and this causes issues with "headless operation" which is the BOTS. There are also time were the people will swear that they made the setting before shutting down the VM and taking a snap. Unfortunately, if we power up the VM, the resolution setting changes based on our current screen size so we can't verify whether or not it was ever set properly to begin with. All that said, is there any way to query a snapshot to see what the resolution was set to when it was created/taken? Reaching for straws, I know. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Which VMware product are you using?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos