VMware Cloud Community
Ochohan
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware implementation license requirement

We have 8 physical hosts with local disk drives and there is no shared storage involved in this setup now i would like to know how we can achieve the high availability in terms using the Esxi hosts and what are the licenses are required initially in addition to esxi host licenses.

thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I have reported your post to the moderators, asking them to move it to the vSphere area, since your question is not about Workstation Player.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
Further details are required, such as how many VMs are required to be protected and what time out is supportable.

For HA (basic) it is required that the ESXi hosts licenses have this feature and of course have vcenter server (additional own license) and shared storage.

VMware vSpheres has several products to configure a contigency, but you must define what exactly you want to protect and how much downtime you can allow.

If we have defined the level of contigency we need, the solution can include licensing of different products and additional hardware.

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos