VMware Cloud Community
VamshiSeshasaya
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 10 VM is showing black screen with loading image

This VM was in use till the past month. Now the user wants to access the VM using TeamViewer but could not. He asked me to check. But the VM is not accessible through console. All I can see is this black screen with spinner (image below). I have tried to reset but it did not work. I do not understand what is happening here and how to resolve it. I appreciate any help. Thank you,

VamshiSeshasaya_0-1606196574224.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is the VM responsive on the network?

Do you have a backup?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
VamshiSeshasaya
Contributor
Contributor

Ping to VM's ip address fails and No I do not have backup. 

My intention is to understand this problem and figure out the solution so this type of issues can be resolved faster. Internset search has not proved useful so far.

0 Kudos
VamshiSeshasaya
Contributor
Contributor

It seems the disk is full. This could be the reason. 

Name UsedSpaceGB ProvisionedSpaceGB
---- ----------- ------------------
VM101 80.11100612767040729522705078 80.11100663803517818450927734

Any suggestions on how I can boot up the VM?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@VamshiSeshasaya 
The solution is most likely to be Microsoft-related (recovering a Windows system that fails to boot) rather than anything to do with ESXi/vSphere (the fact you’re running Windows in a VM)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
VamshiSeshasaya
Contributor
Contributor

@scott28tt Yes. But I wish to achieve the solution with vSphere tools/ PowerCLI/ other. Can you please point me in the right direction?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@VamshiSeshasaya 

That's what I'm saying, I don't think you can - it looks like a Windows issue.

Maybe try some of the software things here: https://www.avg.com/en/signal/fix-windows-black-screen

0 Kudos
VamshiSeshasaya
Contributor
Contributor

Well, then Thank you very much.

0 Kudos