VMware Cloud Community
JakeClaytonTiso
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

hard disks

When i attempt to increase the size of our storage, there's no option in the dropdown of the Hard disks. it displays like this: 

hard Disks     5 total 4TB 

h

ard

disk 

and there's nothing else on the screen for me to edit. I thought it might be browser related, i get the same error no matter which browser i try 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nordhuus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Then I would login to the Appliance Shell (SSH or VM Console) and change the root password.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
evandroEcruz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Olá boa tarde,
Mesmo com a VM desligada não consegue editar as configurações do disco? De acordo com o printscreen que você enviou, sua máquina está ligada, é só com essa VM ou ocorre o mesmo problema em outras?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

There's been a bug in a previous Web UI version. Applying a current patch should solve the issue.

André

JakeClaytonTiso
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks i would upgrade - but now i have a login error this morning - getting  Login failed due to invalid credentials for one or more vCenter Server systems:https://[servername]:443/sdk this is even using admin login administrator@vsphere.local. i dont know if it's relevent - but we updated our expiring STS certificates last night, as well as updating our group policy Time across our domain, (all devices were on different times).  My issues now - i can't access the hosts / clusters in vSphere client at all! 

0 Kudos
nordhuus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi. Are you able to login to VAMI on your vCenter?
https://ip_to_vcenter:5480

JakeClaytonTiso
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

that brings up this problem: 

Exception in invoking authentication handler User password expired 

Capture.PNG

It looks like i need to update that password - but i don't get the option

0 Kudos
nordhuus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Then I would login to the Appliance Shell (SSH or VM Console) and change the root password.

Contributor
Jump to solution

I dont know how to get to that console. Putty doesnt connect with the options i use. we have 3 x rack esxi servers - but they're just hosts, when i connect to them, i get the usual half black/ half yellow screen. i have connection details of the server itself

Is it something i download? 

0 Kudos
JakeClaytonTiso
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Its OK i've managed to log onto one of the ESXI servers - and can launch it from there. will let you know how i get on thanks for the help 

0 Kudos
JakeClaytonTiso
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

OK so i've changed the time settings to sync to host instead of NTP (which was 10.1.1.5) but it's still the same. should i reboot the vCenter server under "actions" - I'm worried that it might affect our VMs, our DC and file store are all hosted 

0 Kudos
pcgeek2009
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You can safely reboot vCenter without impacting the running VM's. The VM's will continue to run on the host without vCenter. I have done this a number of times. 

JakeClaytonTiso
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks for all the help that resolved it - a reboot of vcenter and a reset of the password via SSH 

0 Kudos