VMware Cloud Community
CoryIT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCentre file upload failure (Certs are trusted)

Hello,

I have one client machine (WIndows 10, Chrome) that I am using to try and upload an ISO of about 3GB to a datatsore via the vCenter web UI.

When doing so, it gets about 66% of the way through the copy, and then fails citing a certificate error:

Capture.JPG

When I upload smaller files (between 1GB and 2GB), it seems to work without issue.

I have opened a case with vmware, and they have been unable to help me determine the cause of this issue.

The VC root certs are trusted, and if I browse directly to the host, those certs are also trusted.

Uploading directly to the host gets stuck part way through and seems to keep retrying the upload, but never completes nor does it ever fail.

Can anyone assist me determining why this one machine is struggling to complete this upload, even though all certs are already trusted?

Thanks

James

0 Kudos
23 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Just out of curiosity, have you tried to upload this same file to an ESXi host directly (maybe even try the same host as that which was targeted in the vCenter-based upload--this is knowable through the Events pane) using its embedded HTML5 host client? If not, try that and see what the result is.

0 Kudos
CoryIT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have yes, tried this with support.

In this instance, it doesn't error out as vCenter does, but seems to keep retrying over and over.

The percentage gets so far then stops, but if I refresh the datastore, I can see the file size in crease, then suddenly it drops down to only a meg or two, then increases again, then drops, then increases ad infinitum.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

There's definitely something environmentally weird going on in this case of this system...

0 Kudos
CoryIT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes I think that is absolutely true, but uploads to ESXi/vCenter are the only issue I have, and am now at a loss as to what else to look at to correct?

0 Kudos