VMware Cloud Community
mustafapasha
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere client and license

Hi Folks,

1) Is there any alternative for vSphere web client , instead of (http://myip /ui ).

2) If i go for licensed version of venter server wat is the price per annum with 3 ESXI hosts

and plz share the link.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

1. Not sure what you were expecting there to be as an alternative exactly, but no.

2. Search online for the vSphere Essentials and vSphere Essentials Plus kits - they are the most cost-effective way of getting the vCenter and vSphere (ESXi) licenses, the Plus kit comes with additional features.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Branched to new thread rather than leaving as a hijack.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
mustafapasha
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Scott

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

If youre referring to the Hostclient (Connected directly to ESXi) when speaking of https://myip/ui ?

Is your answer is "yes"... than expect the the vCenter HTML5 vSphere Client brings a much greater experience! Otherwise there is no 3rd. Party client.

The price for a vSphere Essentials starts around 470,- EUR for License and a mandatory one year Subscription for 62,- EUR.  Just ask your local VMware Partner or go directly to vmware.com and buy it.

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos
mustafapasha
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ,

Can I purchase separate vCenter Server license , plz let me know.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

A vCenter Server license can of course be purchased separately.

However, keep the following in mind:

• in order to manage ESXi hosts in vCenter Server, the hosts(CPUs) must be licensed too (the free Hypervisor license is not sufficient)
  • a separate vCenter Server license is only available as a Foundation, or Standard edition. Both cost much more than an Essentials Kit
  • An Essentials Kit contains licenses for one instance of vCenter Server for Essentials, as well as 6 CPU licenses for up to 3 hosts (with up to 2 CPUs each)

André

0 Kudos