VMware Virtual Appliances Community
VMTN_Admin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

OpenLDAP

http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/385

This service-oriented VMWare image provides an instant LDAP directory service with OpenLDAP v2.3.4 in a small size (about 93M)

0 Kudos
8 Replies
jfcarpenter
Contributor
Contributor

There is no vmx file (VMWare Configuration File) with this image, so it can not be used with VMWare Player.

0 Kudos
markovm
Contributor
Contributor

Same prob.

0 Kudos
docmiller
Contributor
Contributor

Why is torrent the only format for downloads? My company frowns on running torrent from our work machines.

0 Kudos
docmiller
Contributor
Contributor

There is no config file so it cannot be run from VMware Workstation either.

0 Kudos
ipullen
Contributor
Contributor

You can use VMWare server and create a .VMX file of your own

1: put the OpenLdap.vmdk file into a folder on your HDD

2: Open VMWare server

3: File > New > Virtual Machine

4: Custom

5: Linux > Other Linux

6: Name your VM - make the location the same as in step 1

7: Select whatever options you want until you get to 'Select a Disk' then choose 'Use an existing virtual disk' and point it at the OpenLdap.vmdk

Those steps are close enough to get you through it

0 Kudos
jasonjackson
Contributor
Contributor

I installed this image this morning using the free VMWare Server. Worked like a charm. It really helped me get my LDAP project off to a good start. Thanks for the excellent image.

Jason

0 Kudos
dealyb
Contributor
Contributor

Our company ( and I suspect many others) do not allow bitTorrent as a download mechanism.

I guess I will have to wait to look at this.

B

0 Kudos
vsphere20111014
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

Please anybody suggest me, are there any VMware communities for openLDAP support for Vmware vSphere and any good resources

available on it. Currently I have setted up openLDAP and created directory and able to use API's for searching, adding entries to the directory.

Now I need to know how does this setup can be Integrated with the Vsphere to provide security. Awaiting for your help. Please do the need.

0 Kudos