VMware Cloud Community
dvasilenko
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Display % of disk used per VM in VC

Is it possible to display the % of used disk space, per vm, within VC? If not what would be the most efficient way to gather that information?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No problem, don't forget to award points for helpful answers using the Helpful/Correct buttons...thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Not available by default, but you can use this VC extension written using the SDK to provide the information.

http://www.run-virtual.com/?page_id=145

0 Kudos
dvasilenko
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Are there any special install steps or configurations I would need to be aware of.

0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It basically installs on a workstation that has the VI Client installed on and runs as a service. It periodically polls the servers and updates the custom attribute fields it creates on the VC Server.

0 Kudos
dvasilenko
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can this be installed on the VC server itself, and if not, does this mean only the workstations with this installed will be able to see the disk used %?

0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes it can be installed on the VC server, I just run mine on my workstation instead to keep my VC server clean.

All workstations can see it, what the program does it simply create custom attribute fields in VC and populates them. You may have to select the columns in the VM view in the VI Client for the other workstations to see them.

0 Kudos
dvasilenko
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Awesome, this defiantly is a feature that I will be taking advantage of. Thanks for the help and giving me a better understanding of this.

0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No problem, don't forget to award points for helpful answers using the Helpful/Correct buttons...thanks

0 Kudos