VMware Cloud Community
rihaz
Contributor
Contributor

Problem to connect from VI client.

Hi Friend,

I m get a error when i m trying to connect from VI client...

Cannot connect to host (Ip Address) : No conection could be made b'coz the target machine actively refused it.

Pls help me friends.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
janlib
Expert
Expert

Hi,

Please check firewall on your host, open ports needed to establish connection.

J.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.
0 Kudos
rihaz
Contributor
Contributor

But my other ESX server are working fine only 1 ESX server have this problem.

0 Kudos
rihaz
Contributor
Contributor

And even i m not able to on my virtual machine from SSH its giving a error that (Tools script may not have run) What to do for this .......

0 Kudos
janlib
Expert
Expert

IMHO It is problem with firewall (proxy)on both sides: workstation and ESX box.

J.

0 Kudos
rihaz
Contributor
Contributor

No dear i can access my other ESX server. even i m not able to on from putty i Virtual machine its giving me error that (Soft poweron / resume did not completely succeed. Tools script may not have run.

VMControl error -16: Virtual machine requires user input to continue)

Kindly help me its urgent.........

0 Kudos
adrianromano
Contributor
Contributor

are you able to ping this server? Are you connecting via DNS name or IP address? Could it be that you are entering the wrong data to connect the esx host?

0 Kudos
Obig
Contributor
Contributor

Do you use a dns server or your local host file?

Try to declare in the host file the ESX server and vice versa. Maybe you made a typo in the dns name.

0 Kudos
rihaz
Contributor
Contributor

Ya i m able to ping the Host server(ESX server) & inside i have 3 vm(Virtual machine) in that 2 VM are up & working fine, the problem is i m not able to on 1 vm & even i m not able to login to the host server.(ESX server). But from putty can login to the host server.

0 Kudos
rihaz
Contributor
Contributor

Can any1 tel wher to check wheother 902 port is block or not , Or may be changed.

Pls tel the cmd .....

0 Kudos