VMware Cloud Community
DFN
Contributor
Contributor

VM stops accepting requests for connection??

Have three IIS VMs (IIS-A, B and C) on three ESX hosts in an HA/DRS cluster along with some other non related VMs. Anyway twice in the past week we have been running stress tests against IIS-A. To make a long story short basically after lots of testing, the VM becomes unresponsive to http requests, pings, and RDP connections. I can go into Virtual Center and get there through the console and the server has full functionality network wise. Nothing resets these connections including restarting IIS, restarting the VM. The only way for me to get the VM to regain full functionality is to migrate it using Vmotion to one of the other hosts in the HA. Keep in mind that the host that it WAS on stil lhas VMs that work fine in all aspects.

So my question is: Does ESX or VC or anything have some sort of throttling, DoS, syn attack monitoring? I can't for the life of me figure out how moving a VM to a new ESX host would resolve it's networking problems?? The VMs all use the same vNic setup with assinged VLANs for communication so it's not hardware as everything is virtual, including networking. The blades they reside on are all part of a virtual connect switch with multiple failovers etc. So confused and really could use any input as i'm very new to the whole VM world.

0 Kudos
0 Replies