VMware Cloud Community
EOrtiz
Contributor
Contributor

VMachine Freeze when Upgrading Guest OS to Win2k3

I try to upgrade a Guest OS on Virtual Machine from Windows 2k to Windows 2k3. I see the instalation screen and The last reboot when instalation finished. The problem appear on the logon screen. I cant enter to login into my VMachine. I press CTRALTINS to try to login into my VMachine and I cant. Also I can't move my mouse or use the keyboard. I try to add a second processor, add more memory but problems continue. I install the VM Tools before the upgrade and dont work. The computer is not froozen because I see the screen saver running. I have my VCenter in 3.5 ESX Server. I try to install Windows 2k3 "Guest OS" on my Virtual Machine.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

Can you right click on the VM and choose open console? Fromt there can you select VM->send ctlaltdelete?

0 Kudos
EOrtiz
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I send the CTRALDEL command and I see a complete status on the Process Tasks but The computer still froozen.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

have you tried a reset? Maybe reseting the computer will fix the issue. Right click on the VM and chose reset.

0 Kudos
EOrtiz
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I do...

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

power off the VM, remove it from inventory, then add it back in. Power on the VM and see if that works.

0 Kudos
EOrtiz
Contributor
Contributor

Dont Work.....

0 Kudos
menora
Contributor
Contributor

I believe I read it somewhere in the VM document said it's not recommend to install VC Server on a ESX Server (as guest OS), but anyway.

Could it be something to do with the hardware? Does it just not working for this VM or any VM on the same ESX Server? I guess you're using VIC, do you have any problem with that?

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

Thread moved to a more appropiate forum

Tom Howarth

VMware Communities User Moderator

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos