VMware Cloud Community
ashesh
Contributor
Contributor

securing data

Hi ALL,

Am very much new to Vm Environment.I have a folowwing query and need u guys suggestion..

I have ESX cluster environment with Two ESX server and 50 virtual OS.The Storage for Virtual machines are via ISCSI in the Netapp storage and connect via Fibrechannel.

I need to have some restriction regarding the data that can be access from these virtual server.The OS installed on them is RHEL5 .

I need some mechanism with which i can restrict user group only to read the data from storage but cannot copy out the file/folder.As it is customer based information is it possible to set up some kind of restriction level for each customer group?

By customer i mean to say the Outside vendoor who can also access our server via vpn.Please let me know how can i restrict the access to only read but no copy out of fies.

Thanx in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

Could you clarify some things?   Will they require access to the host's datastores or just to the virtual machines?  What kind of data will they need access to?

0 Kudos
ashesh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Dave,

We store nothing realy on the Host datastore,its only on the VM storage (ie) the NetApp storage filer.The databse is actually stored on the Filer and not on the ESX host.The data may include the Design and Layout kind of information and files.

0 Kudos