VMware Workspace ONE Community
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

A number of devices have iOS 12.3 installed

As far as I know, iOS 12.3 has yet to be released officially. Yet, in my environment, I have over 22 devices (mix of employee and corporate owned) with iOS 12.3 installed. Is anyone else seeing the same in his/her environment?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

We have two devices and they belong to some technicians that always like to test the next beta version. Anyone can sign up for an Apple Beta Software account and get the beta versions to test. https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/
0 Kudos
RajaniKanthSoud
Contributor
Contributor

Users would have enrolled for Beta program and got their devices upgraded to 12.3 beta
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Rich and Luke, thank you both for the info. I will probably create a compliance policy and separately educate users not to install Beta software on their corporate devices.
0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you look in profiles you should be able to see the beta profile, if you block profile installation on supervised (which is highly advisable, not just for this) they will not be able to enroll in the beta
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Thanks, Stephen. However, I only see it if the device is enrolled with Ownership: Corporate - Dedicated. None of the employee-owned devices show it.

' iOS 12 Beta Software Profile
Configures your iOS device for use with the Apple Beta Software Program.' 
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Stephen, how do you block profile installation by the user?
0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Do you gather all profile data for personal devices in privacy settings?
restrictions profile - Allow manual profile installation requires supervision blocks the profile (only new ones not existing)
0 Kudos