VMware Workspace ONE Community
antherITguy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Boxer Contacts Sync to Native iOS Contacts App

Has anyone had any issues resyncing Boxer contacts to the native iOS contacts app reliably?  We're seeing an issue where if you disable and then re-enable contact syncing from within Boxer [Settings > Export contacts > disable] and then re-enable the option an error is displayed that says ' Warning, Updated Record Does Not Exist' .

Then if I force a resync under Settings > Advanced > Resync Contact Export Data it errors with ' Warning, Updated Record Does Not Exist' , ' Contact Export, Exporting contacts failed to complete' .
Labels (1)
31 Replies
AaronCamerato
Contributor
Contributor

Hi has this problem been resolved that anyone knows of? I currently have one device that exhibited this problem but have not had complaints from any other users. We have had the ' Allow documents from managed sources in unmanaged destinations'  option unchecked since deployment back in early 2018. Checking the box fixed it for this one user.
0 Kudos
antherITguy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think it's going to be resolved in iOS13.
0 Kudos
johnmahoneyjohn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Derek G - do you know something concrete about iOS13 fix list, or do you just hope like the rest of us?
0 Kudos
ChristianBermud
Contributor
Contributor

I have a ticket open with Apple about this.  This is the most recent update they gave me after 12.3 was released -
' Product engineering team has identified the root cause and working on to including this changes to next build however there is no testable build out yet'  .
0 Kudos
antherITguy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same here.  I have an AppleCare Enterprise case open about this issue.  Fix will be introduced in the next major iOS update.  I'm assuming that's iOS13.
0 Kudos
AMitchell0225
Contributor
Contributor

I believe this long thread is what I'm going through now.  First, we have not deployed Boxer to all devices.  My primarily mail application is Outlook as we test Boxer feature and functionality.  We blocked one user's access to exchange when they didn't enroll in AW prior to the deadline.  We then ran into issues after enrolling and then attempting to Unblock the user in exchange.  The users request to Exchange is not visible in Exchange to unblock, but that's a whole other issue.  To mitigate that issue, we opened access to Boxer to this user.  We have now found that Boxer contacts are not displaying in the user's local contacts therefore they are answering work calls and responding to work messages blindly which is not ideal.  I believe I am fully up to date on the history of this issue and that there is no correction for this at this time.  I do see local contacts in the Boxer application, however Boxer / work contacts are not available in the local messaging or phone call applications.  Allow managed apps to write contacts to unmanaged contacts accounts and Allow unmanaged apps to read contacts from managed contacts accounts were unchecked and are now both checked.  Although this seems to be a huge security risk, we needed to attempt to allow these restrictions because of the adverse effects it's having on the user population.  Checking these DLP restrictions doesn't seem to have had any affect on this issue.   Does any one have any ideas, other than users recreating all of the contacts they interact with on a daily basis?
0 Kudos
tco_tim
Contributor
Contributor

I am also experiencing this issue.  We are trying to test Boxer, I have local contacts and contacts export enabled, DLP restrictions both checked (to allow Contacts access to/from managed apps) and still there is 0 contacts syncing occurring.  This is extra frustrating since Outlook mobile requires an iCloud account signed in to the device with contacts sync enabled before local contact syncing will work, which is not practical for some of us to set up or allow.
0 Kudos
antherITguy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Has anyone been able to make any headway with this issue in iOS 13?  I just downloaded the beta but it still does not appear to be syncing contacts from Boxer to the local contacts app.
0 Kudos
lp1987x
Contributor
Contributor

Subscribing to this thread as well.  We have been experiencing this same issue since late 2018.  Support has not been able to figure it out for us.
0 Kudos
ChristianBermud
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
SamuelHowe
Contributor
Contributor

There is somewhat of a fix for it coming in 1908 and iOS 13. You will be able to create an EAS profile and you can disable or enable each option. Mail, contacts, calendar, notes, tasks. I tested and it does work which will allow to push just contacts to the device. One thing I did notice is that it's better to push the profile after the device is updated to iOS 13 but that can easily be done with the smart group requirements.
0 Kudos
ChristianBermud
Contributor
Contributor

Apple engineer said this was fixed in iOS 13.1 Beta.  I tested and still isn't working for me.

0 Kudos