VMware Workspace ONE Community
mahmoud_saleh
Contributor
Contributor

Boxer PDF Viewer doesn't support patterns

I have a PDF file which is created with Itext, and the file has some content created with PdfPatternPainter

When viewing this file from Adobe Acrobat Reader everything is working fine and I can see the whole content OK, but when trying to open the same file from Boxer Email as an attachment in the email, the whole file is displayed empty!

the sample file is attached

3 Replies
ogushia
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,
I tested your attachment in my environment with Android device, and same issue happened.

Now that you can open the attachment file in the Content app, consider using the Content app to open attachments.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.airwatch.contentlocker&hl=en_US

To do this, you need to do following step.
1. Install Content app on your device. (If you haven't published Content app, you need publish the app first.)
2. Tap option button (three dots) of email attachement file on Boxer, and tap "Open In".
3. Tap "Content".
4. You can view PDF file with Content app.

mahmoud_saleh
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any hope that VMware will fix this issue in the Boxer PDF Viewer?

Is there any issue tracking website where I should post about this issue?

because the business owners are not happy at all with this issue, and they want to be able to view such documents with just one click on the pdf file from the email.

0 Kudos
Hokari3344
Contributor
Contributor

Boxer PDF Viewer, though robust in many aspects, lacks support for patterns. This limitation can be frustrating for users who rely on pattern recognition in their documents, such as those dealing with complex data analysis or research. Without pattern support, users may find it challenging to efficiently navigate through documents or extract crucial information. Implementing this feature could significantly enhance the utility and user experience of Boxer PDF Viewer.

0 Kudos