VMware Workspace ONE Community
AhmedA2_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can we spilt UAG compenets?

Can we split the uag to 3 servers as the tunnel in a standalone server and seg and content ?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Ciao 
If you desire to have 3 different Unified Access Gateways to differentiate access (for example to desktop pools or applications) it is feasible (but pay attention to the redundancy of the infrastructure). To give you more information you should however give us more information. For example, are UAGs only for publishing desktop pools and apps via Horizon? Is access only through workspace one access?

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

xing32
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, you can split the Unified Access Gateway (UAG) into three servers: one for tunnel, one for SEG (Secure Email Gateway), and one for content. Configure each server according to its specific role, ensuring proper network connectivity and settings. This approach enhances scalability and allows dedicated focus on distinct functionalities.

AhmedA2_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

and for that we need new urls for each components and new cert. write

please how the user will user each only?

we will have a url for "uem ,access,tunnel,content,SEG" 

0 Kudos
AhmedA2_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i need to split the Unified Access Gateway (UAG) into three servers: one for tunnel, one for SEG ,one for Content gateway.

0 Kudos
vDruid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I would say:

more than you can, you should !

splitting services brings benefits, easy upgrades, less side effects and so on.

also, as far as I remember, this recommended by vmware. 

for sure, it could bring more complexity in the daily operation, but , you will benefit of independency !

// if you think this helps, please mark as helpful or correct , thx ! \\
vDruid
AhmedA2_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

For that we will need a new certificate  and dns records for each component right? 

Instand a uag@domin.com we will need tunnel,seg and content .

0 Kudos
AhmedA2_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

For that we will need a new certificate and dns records for each component right? 

Instand a uag@domin.com we will need tunnel,seg and content

0 Kudos