VMware Workspace ONE Community
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Compatibility patch for upcoming Apple devices

I thought in the past you can almost always enroll the latest release of Apple devices even if you have not upgraded your AirWatch or Workspace ONE to a newer version. Am I correct?

If so, the upcoming ones must have something different that requires such compatibility patch to be installed first prior to enrollment.

https://support.workspaceone.com/articles/360009077393

Labels (1)
122 Replies
StefanGrimm
Contributor
Contributor

Michael: Thanks for the hint. I corrected my post above. Everything works as expected.

Now at 9.2.3_28 and several new iPhones (XS, XS max) enrolled and working

0 Kudos
sturmanc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is anybody running AirWatch 9.2.3 on Windows Server 2016?        Any other version on Windows 2016?
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

Airwatch 9.2 supports windows 2016. It was the first to do so.

https://support.workspaceone.com/articles/115012790368
0 Kudos
BrandonOKC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thomas Can you approve my access request for your wordpress blog? I would like to read the article you published on applying patch for Tunnel servers.
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Brandon, what's your WordPress user ID?
0 Kudos
BrandonOKC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I’m good now have access. Thanks Thomas.
0 Kudos
DavidWuDavidWu1
Contributor
Contributor

does anyone has this error on AW browser after new device enrolled. The operation couldn’t be completed. (ABProxyErrorDomain error 3.)
0 Kudos
PaulBrownPaulBr
Contributor
Contributor

We are on 9.2.1, and I will be applying the 9.2.1.25 patch soon. We have an Enterprise Notification Service (ENS) server in our environment. The instructions don't mention a step for upgrading the ENS server, so do I just not worry about that role?
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

Affected parts are Console, Device Services, Tunnel Proxy in this case.
0 Kudos
BVarner
Contributor
Contributor

I'm currently running 9.5.0.16 and have had no issues enrolling either the Xs or the Xs Max.
0 Kudos
PaulBrownPaulBr
Contributor
Contributor

Luke, the instructions talk about downloading the latest SEG 9.2 Installer and running that after I apply the 9.2.1.25 patch. You listed Console, DS, and Tunnel Proxy.... but if it's asking to upgrade the SEG, wouldn't that also be affected?
0 Kudos
sturmanc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

For admins that have enrolled a new iPhone Xs or Xs Max, with the required patch, hardware seedscript, and  OS seedscript, is the iPhone reported as only an iPhone instead of specific model?  I enrolled my new DEP iPhone Xs in our test environment and it is only showing iPhone.   Also the Agent shows it as iPhone 11,2
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

If it says to the SEG, do the SEG. yep.
0 Kudos
MICHAELNICKELS
Contributor
Contributor

(FYI) We successfully upgraded from 9.4.0.10 to 9.4.0.23 which resolved the Xs/Max enrollment issues.  We did not encounter any issues during the upgrade.
The new models are listed as just ' iPhone'  instead of ' iPhone Xs'  like I would expect/hope for.
0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You have to install the seed script https://resources.workspaceone.com/view/x8kn6bslt67vwvlgx4ld/ not sure why it is not bundled into the patch but it is not
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I don't believe seed script updates model selection other than OS version.
0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The patch notes in this one are This seed script includes information of models of Apple devices. Latest update: Seed Script for iPhone XS and XS MAX (it also includes the XR but does not list it) they have done this for earlier items like the 6th gen iPads did not show their name until we had the script, weirdly the cloud updates add iOS versions but do not add devices you still have to run the seed scripts for new devices.  These do get bundled into console updates if you wait long enough.  Also we did this in our environment not listed before applying seed script listed several hours later (seems to need a bit maybe a check in for some reason)
0 Kudos
sturmanc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We did install the hardware seed script for the new devices but we are not seeing devices reported as iPhone Xs or iPhone Xs Max, only listed as iPhone.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

The last Seed I saw was just an OS seed script. This was just released yesterday it seems:

https://resources.workspaceone.com/view/x8kn6bslt67vwvlgx4ld/en
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

I can confirm the above seed, released Oct 1 does indeed update the model info.
0 Kudos