VMware Workspace ONE Community
WesleyTownsend
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

DEP devices not syncing with Console

Since the 9.6 on-prem upgrade, I have been having issues with my devices syncing with the Console from DEP. If I log into the Apple Business Manager and Assign or Release a device, then sync my Console, I can see the time stamp in ABM showing the connection, but the device never Adds or Removes from Lifecycle. We can run a query delete from mobileManagement.EnrollmentToken where DeviceSerialNumber in (1,2,3) against the database and it removes it from the console, but who has time to do that with every device we want to remove. We have an open SR with VMware, but wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this problem?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Yes, 1810 is the current version after 9.7.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
29 Replies
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Running 9.7.0.8 on-premise and just added a device to DEP and when I synced it to AirWatch the device showed up so it is not a problem here.
0 Kudos
WesleyTownsend
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I just downloaded the 9.7 upgrade, may give that a try after I hear back from support. They pulled the bulk processing logs, so we will see.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

9.6 worked great for me with DEP. I update to 9.6.0.7 for the new iOS devices and DEP is pretty much a mess now. I get duplicated devices, trouble syncing, and even a couple devices that sync in and out every sync run. Yeah there are issues in 9.6 with DEP that are being worked on.

https://support.workspaceone.com/articles/360010001094-AAPP-5958-Duplicate-records-may-appear-for-iO...
0 Kudos
vanderwoude
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

9.7.0.9 on-prem here. I use different tokens for iOS devices and OS X devices. My iOS devices appear to be syncing fine, but my OS X devices get stuck trying to contact the enrollment server.
0 Kudos
JohnBatshon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

On-Premise 9.5.0.9 having duplicate Devices sync from ABM. Other-times the Sync doesn't happen. I keep getting the same suggested solution remove & re-add the ABM token. I have done it enough to know this doesn't resolve the problem. I hope there is a proper solution in the works.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yeah, the duplicate issue us perplexing.
0 Kudos
RobertBolton
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We are having the same issue as of a month ago with DEP devices not being able to contact the DS during SetupAssistant to enroll.  I have a open ticket for over a month with no resolution from AW support.  I even contact Apple Enterprise to confirm if there is anything on Apple side and guess what, it's all MDM related.
Thanks
0 Kudos
vanderwoude
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Creating a new enrollment profile fixed my issue of OS X devices getting hung up on contacting the enrollment server.
0 Kudos
JohnCharette
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm having the same duplication problem, and I can't apply a profile.  On Prem - 9.4.0.7
@Alex V. - did you delete the old profile, or simply create a 2nd one and apply that 2nd one to all new devices? I want to make sure I don't mess up my old enrolled devices.

0 Kudos
jpjp1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Running cloud SAAS and getting ' The configuration for your Apple TV could not be downloaded from [Organization Name]. Invalid Profile
Only happens with tvos from Apple Configurator 2 . Also getting the duplicate devices issue. AW 9.7.0.9.
iOS devices provisioned from ISP are enrolling correctly.
0 Kudos
vanderwoude
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

John C - Tech support said I could delete the old enrollment profile, but I have not done that yet. I simply created a new enrollment profile to point new devices to. According to Tech support, once the device has used the enrollment profile to enroll into Airwatch, the enrollment profile is no longer used. I'm not quite ready to test that out. 😐
0 Kudos
jpjp1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

it worked successfully a few months ago. the device enters supervised mode, adds to the DEP portal (Apple business manager). device is assigned manually to our test environment, profile is assigned through console. device shows correct company, and then throws the error.
device is tvOS 12.0.1. using the Apple Configurator 2 on Mohave with server set up as https://cnxxx.awmdm.com for the provisioning.
also renewed the token from the DEP portal just to test that out. didn't try to clear it as it warned about that. likely will create an official support ticket today .
0 Kudos
jpjp1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

just a come back to this, with vmware support , I can now enroll apple TVos devices. the issue was that there is an ' Automated Enrollment'  section that gerenates a URL and .mobileconfig file for Apple Configurator 2 . this uses a default staging user which works quite well. I know this was not the process 6 months ago, but something to look into if you are having issues. iOS devices just use basic url of xxxxx.awmdm.com in AC2 , but there is automated for this also, but skips the authentication for users.
0 Kudos
PeterThomasPete
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am running 18.10.0.3 SaaS. I have not had a problem with Sync DEP devices from ABM until today. I just got 11 replacements from Apple, I can assign them in ABM, when I sync in WS1 console I can see the connection in ABM but don't see any devices in the life cycle view in the console. Any ideas?

Version: 18.10.0.3 (1810)
Build Information:
AIRW-AWCREL24-44
a9d6fe2f3c3d4c0699acfe82bc194413f555c85d
0 Kudos
PeterThomasPete
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Renewed Token (was set to expire in April 2019 though) and everything is working again.
0 Kudos
Kostrom3
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Its a known bug within Apple.
0 Kudos
PeterThomasPete
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Kurt - Where did you find that information? After I renewed my token the next unassignment I did from ABM didn’t seem to sync to the console but since it was an unassign I didn’t have the time to keep opening support tickets.
0 Kudos
JanMarsik
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I noticed this myself in SaaS environment. Do not have the issue to sync entirely new assignments, but do have the sync issue, when I need to unassign/assign some problematic device in ABM. Such change is then not synced into console. But one thing helps me to resolve this - resave of DEP profile on AW side. We have one profile used on more like 90% of devices and when I resave it, its then reassigned to all devices when used before, and usually there are some devices in some weird stuck state, where the DEP profile is not assigned after the resave (changes to Discover status in Lifecycle view). And after that I can sync the changes from ABM.

Maybe this can help you guys as well.

0 Kudos
WesleyTownsend
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Here is the response I received from AW:
Hi Wesley,

My name is Harshit and I will be assisting you with this case in absence of Sonam.

I tried reaching out to you over the call but unfortunately was routed to your voicemail.

I understand that the devices are not getting deleted from AW console post removal from DEP Protal.
This is a known issue for Airwatch Console version 9.3 and below. Although it is not seen for all customers.

An upgrade to version 9.4 or above will fix this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions for me.

The SAD part is, I am on version 9.6, so I considered upgrading to the latest version and found the 1810 Full Installer, is this the newest version of the console?

0 Kudos