VMware Workspace ONE Community
Mitchell-R
Contributor
Contributor

Devices not checking in

Hello everyone, 

Last May we renewed our APN and Apple DEP token, but I am not sure if I pressed Fetch devices afterwards. 

Now two and a half months later, only 12 of 250 devices are seen in the last 10 days. These devices were all registered after we renewed the token. I reset my own phone and installed it all over again and now that one is seen today too instead of 81 days ago. 

My question:

Is there a way to get all the other ones back into the system without reinstalling them? We have no remove management button in the settings and Intelligent Hub can't install the program since it can't reach the servers, at least that is the message we are getting. 

Our biggest problem right now is that we cannot update outdated apps on those phones and some aren't even working anymore, because they are on an outdated version.

I would be grateful if someone knows how to solve this, thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
_Steven
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

You might have created a new Apple Push Notification service (APNs) certificate instead of renewing your existing one. 

Check at https://identity.apple.com/pushcert with the Apple ID used to create your APNs certificate if you don't have multiple certificates there.

0 Kudos
Mitchell-R
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Steven, 

Thanks for your response and sorry for my late response. 

Indeed, as we did not know it was important to have the APN renewed under the same apple id.

Due to sickness of another colleague (who's apple id the original APN was created on), i created a new APN under my apple id. This is where things got messed up and probably have to do a reinstall on all devices. 

Thanks for your reply, we now know the cause!

0 Kudos