VMware Workspace ONE Community
SCBPC
Contributor
Contributor

How to remove/unenroll from WorkspaceOne a windows laptop that was deleted from the console

We have a laptop that is supposed to no longer be managed/enrolled in Airwatch. The device has been deleted from the console and unfortunately the restriction profile was set to NOT allow MDM unenrollment.

Since the device is no longer in the console, how do I unenroll this device and remove WorkspaceOne/Airwatch from it.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JosueNegron
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The easiest way is if the Workspace ONE UEM Intelligent Hub was installed on the device, you can use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall the Hub which will unenroll the device. If there is not a Hub let me know and I can give you next steps. 

K223
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Not to hijack the thread.  But I have a similar issue.  I have unenrolled a windows machine from the console and deleted the device.  But the hub client was not uninstalled.  I did that manually from add/remove programs.  When I went to reload the hub client and re enroll the device, the device thinks it's still enrolled and after loading the hub client.  But it's not and no way to enroll it again.  Maybe there are some registry values that are not being removed after I uninstall the hub?  Any assistance would be great.

Levin3
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever find a solution?

I had a similar situation where I was not able to enroll the device again. Also had problems to reinstall the Hub App. It seems like the service was not uninstall correctly and I guess there are some reg-values which were not cleaned.

0 Kudos
ogushia
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

When I have a similar problem, first check the following registry key.

And if any key remains delete it.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Provisioning\OMADM\Accounts

Another reference is this KB article.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/50122079?lang=en_us

0 Kudos
OssamaMaksoud
Contributor
Contributor

When I have a similar problem before and you have to remove the below path on Register editor

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Enrollments

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Provisioning\OMADM\Account\DeviceID

reboot the PC

0 Kudos