VMware Workspace ONE Community
mdmkane
Contributor
Contributor

Intelligent Hub - Shared iOS - Device PIN Reset at Hub Log-Off

I have been able to accomplish the entire workflow below except for the very last item. I cannot find a way to automate the removal of a device PIN triggered by a user logging out of the Intelligent Hub. Any suggestions? I've been in contact with a peer who is accomplishing this, but I haven't been able to figure out what he did differently to achieve the PIN Reset results that I'm seeking.

iPhone 8, iOS 12.1.4 -- Workspace One UEM w/ Identity Manager -- Apple DEP Enrollment (Supervised)

• Intelligent Hub App loaded in Multi-User Mode and Displayed in Single App Mode

• End Users will credential into the Hub App with their AD Creds

• After User Check-Out, the appropriate Profiles will push out. Single App mode profile is removed, user is permitted to interact with the native iOS Home and specified VPP Apps.

• PIN Profile is pushed and requires the End User to create a device PIN

• End of Day - User checks-out via the Hub App

• Device PIN is removed and the phone returns to Intelligent Hub Single App Mode.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Ryan, I'm in the same boat myself. Any update from you? I also opened a ticket with support.

' Device PIN is removed and the phone returns to Intelligent Hub Single App Mode.'
0 Kudos
mdmkane
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I opened a support ticket and learned that my WSO environment was on version 19.03 which has a known bug.  Apparently in 19.03 the ' ResetPIN'  command is simply never sent to the device upon check in.  Once our environment was updated to 19.04 the issue was resolved and is now working as desired.
0 Kudos
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This doesn't give me any comfort on-premise considering to upgrade to 1903 with bugs or wait for 1904 to be released for on-premise customers!

0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

1904 is a cloud only release it will not be released for on-premise
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Thanks, Ryan. I can't believe this bug wasn't fixed until 19.04, and we upgraded to 19.03 just yesterday. Ahhh!
0 Kudos