VMware Workspace ONE Community
pmeuser
Contributor
Contributor

Is Android Enterprise support broken with Workspace ONE UEM 9.4.0.3?

Since ich have upgraded from 9.3 to 9.4.0.3 I observe massive issues with the following features:
1. Auto app deployment with Android Enterprise (work profile) enrollment
2. VMware Tunnel support with Android Enterprise (work profile) incl. MobileSSO (vIDM)

Without going into details at this point - are there similar experiences out there?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
21 Replies
LSIMM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Workspace ONE support confirmed with me this is a Google API issue which they are awaiting a fix from Google on.

However, whitelisting the apps worked for our environment BUT the big caveat I discovered is that once an app is whitelisted, its then treated like a system app and CANNOT be uninstalled. This is a problem for us as some apps might need re-installing to trouble shoot issues etc... so cant really go down this path.

So sounds like its broken for now until Google can fix it (if that's true).
0 Kudos
tobiaswachsmuth
Contributor
Contributor

Same Issue on workspace one cloud version 19.5.0.4 on Samsung SM-T585 Android 8.1 tablets. We have created an application profile. Also created an whitelisted group (user AND smart group tested) and included all necessary apps  (e.g. Samsung gallery app, Adobe reader, Teamviewer, VMware Content Locker etc. ) but only the gallery app is automatically installed after publishing the policy. We using the Kiosk mode (launcher). When we remove the application control policy from device, only gallery app is disappaered from launcher screen. All other apps have a download arrow symbol with application name on screen. I can manual install the apps with touching.
0 Kudos