VMware Workspace ONE Community
PeterAir
Contributor
Contributor

KB articles - change history request

It would be very helpful, if KB articles in general or at least specific articles could have a change history or version history.

Especially this article: VMware Workspace ONE IP ranges for SaaS data centers (2960995)

I have subscribed and get an e-mail, whenever the article is being updated. But as of the migration to AWS data centers there are not only few IP ranges to be checked, but about 100 single IP listings. It's impossible to track, if a single record has changed, has been added, removed, etc.

Some sort of "this is what has changed" summary (compared to previous version of the article) would be highly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MatthewSwenson
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I would also like this.  I have subscribed to a bunch of KB articles.  I get a ton of email alerts about updates to these articles.  So I get emails saying that an article was updated.  And I go look at the page, and I have absolutely no clue what has changed.  This is particularly challenging for pages which are super long (looking at you, release notes and version page).  So basically, I signed up to get new articles and updates on the one page that is nearly impossible to discern changes to, and I get a gob of extra emails that tell me almost nothing for articles I rarely care about.

Now, I'm not saying the old myAirWatch site did it right (maybe they did, maybe they didn't), but that site actually sent usable information to my inbox (including linked pictures) when new versions of apps were released, and I think it gave me better information when an article was updated.

So, especially this article: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/80174?

(and all release notes - they are not nearly as good or easy to find as in the previous setup)

0 Kudos