VMware Workspace ONE Community
RahulDeore
Contributor
Contributor

On Premise Setup Suggestions.

Hi All,
Greetings!

Just want to know after completing all the pre-requisites for Workspace On-Premise Setup which component needs to be install first and the sequence to install the componenets.

Regards,
Rahul

Labels (1)
6 Replies
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Normally, you can start with device services. Then move on to web console. I assume as part of the pre-requisites, you have already created a database?
0 Kudos
MichaelPerryMic
Contributor
Contributor

Was going to say that the DB server is number 1.  You didn't say how you were going to be breaking down the various services into individual servers.

Having taken over an On-Prem installation that was widely recognized as the must screwed up environment VM engineers had ever seen I would very STONGLY suggest that if you need to ask the question that you did that you hire VMware's Professional Services for at least an engineering design review before you stand up a single piece of hardware lest you paint yourself into a corner that you can't get out of a year later when you realize that you screwed up and should have done something different.
0 Kudos
RahulDeore
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Thomas, Pre-requisites means just servers are ready with required configurations and networking ports, so just need to know which component should be get installed first and which is last.

Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

Hey there. Doesn’t matter which components you do first really. DB has to be done first always. Then do console and/or DS next. Then the optional components like tunnel, proxy, seg, acc, etc.
0 Kudos
RahulDeore
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Luke!

Could you please suggest from where we can download the installers like database utility, UEM Installer, DS Installer.

Regards,
Rahul
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

Start here: https://my.workspaceone.com/products/Workspace-ONE-UEM

If you don't see the installer tabs, ask for access from support. Note Not every release has an on-prem release either. The latest I believe as of this post is 19.09 which has installation caveats as well.

https://my.workspaceone.com/products/Workspace-ONE-UEM/Windows/v1909.0.0.0
0 Kudos