VMware Workspace ONE Community
MRFVMUser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

REST API /system/users/{iuuid} - getting ' resource not found' error

When I use the REST API, ' https://as420.awmdm.com/API/system/users/search?username=SOMEUSER'  I get a result list of Users that match the ' SOMEUSER'  text search. The results do not contain all User fields, like CustomAttribute2-5 attributes. So, I would like to get the given user's details by using the user's UUID. I believe the URI should be ' https://as420.awmdm.com/API/system/users/820e121f-9430-402f-b41a-070751ad6fd3' . Unfortunately, when I invoke this method, I'm getting the error:

Server Error in '/Api/System' Application. The resource cannot be found. 
Description: HTTP 404.
The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have
been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.
Requested URL: /API/system/users/820e121f-9430-402f-b41a-070751ad6fd3

I'm running this through PowerShell. If I test it through the WS1 UEM API Explorer, it works. I'm guessing that PS is butchering something in my variable or syntax. If I use the ' DeviceID'  value it works. I was wondering if the ' -'  character was causing a problem, so I URL-encoded the UUID value and it still didn't work. Has anyone ever seen this before?

Appreciate an thoughts or help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MRFVMUser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

just saw my Subject... that should read {Uuid}... sorry about that.
0 Kudos
abdalab
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Myles.
Curios is AS420 your tenant info?

Regards
AB
0 Kudos
MRFVMUser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

yes, it is my tenant.
0 Kudos
jankre
Contributor
Contributor

Are you sending the version 2 header in powershell? (Accept: application/json;version=2)
I think version 1 of ' system/users/id'  expects the id value of the user and version 2 wants the uuid.
  ' Id' : {
    ' Value' : 1
  },
  ' Uuid' : ' 01a5d01e-60b6-445a-9676-cd52c0be9e79'
}
0 Kudos