VMware Workspace ONE Community
macenotwindu
Contributor
Contributor

WS1 Java Uninstall

Hi Everyone,

New to WorkspaceOne and hoping to learn a lot from the KBs and you folks here.

I'm in need of some help.  I'm trying to create an uninstall command for our old versions of Java.  I've created an uninstall file before for Firefox
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe" /S

But the stuck I'm hitting is, what would the uninstall command look like since the Java files reside in the Program Files (x86) folder?  I tried looking everywhere for an uninstaller in the folders, but no luck.

Has anyone had a similar issue?  Once I learn how to do it, figure I can apply the same logic to other software we need to uninstall that's also in the x86 folder.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
trobertson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In the past I've used some powershell scripts I pushed out to perform uninstalls if the app was not previously managed/deployed from WS1.  

Reference something like https://adamtheautomator.com/removing-old-java/ for the powershell script.  I'm sure there are plenty of examples online for powershell uninstall java.

If you go the ps route you can use provisioning or app deployment to push out your commands.

It's been a while since I did this last so I'm interested to see if there are other suggestions.

0 Kudos