VMware Workspace ONE Community
srietberg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Workspace ONE Access with Office 365 Client

Dear vCommunity,

At the moment we are using Workspace ONE Access as our iDP for Office365. We use Horizon 7 instant clones for our end users. Recently we migrated user mailboxes from an on-premise Exchange server to Office365. Before we did this, we had a Office 2016 client in our VDI environment. But because we migrated to Office365 we ended our Office 2016 VL so we can use a O365 client in our VDI. We configured Kerberos on Workspace ONE Access so that our VDI users can seamlessly authenticate to Workspace ONE Access. But the problem here is that it seems that there is no way to get a seamless SSO enduser experience where the user is automatically singed on to their Office 365 client in the VDI with Workspace One Access. Because we use Kerberos, the enduser only needs to fill in their e-mail address in Workspace ONE access to get their Office 365 license. My question here is; What is "the way" to get a seamless SSO O365 experience in combination with Workspace One Access in a Office 365 client, without any user interaction.

Thanks in advance,

Sven

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Hi Sven,

While I won't be able to answer your question, I was wondering if you could share your experience migrating your mailboxes from on-premises to O365.

We are in the same boat planning to complete our migration by the end of 2020. However, we are still in the planning phase and as the WS1 administrator for mobile devices, my main concern is to transition this process as smoothly as possible. We also have WS1 Access in place and after speaking with VMware support, we may possibly leverage OAuth to provide the passwordless experience for native mail client on iOS (managed Gmail client is not supported). Or we can also go 'crazy' and implement KCD.

Either way, it takes time to research and implement and I'm uncertain if my team and others have enough time to do that by the end of this year. If you don't mind sharing your experience either via this thread or privately I would truly appreciate it.

Best,

Tom

0 Kudos
srietberg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Tom,

Yeah sure no problem. I think it will be better to share our experience in a private chat.

Sven

0 Kudos