VMware Cloud Community
pawanctc
Contributor
Contributor

Send text message to multiple mobiles using HQ

I want to send text messages to multiple mobile numbers in case of an event using Hyperic version 4.2.0.7-EE. I know there is some setting in Hyperic which enables sending text messages to cell phones but I am unable to find it. I searched this forum but couldn't find much related information. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks, Pawan If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

You are using a very old version of Hyperic,If possible, please try the latest Hyperic version which has lot of cool things. I think , you can.Create a Role and associate few users and add different mobile # to send the text to each users. And when you set notification,please set it to "notify roles". I have not tried this use case.But I will definitely add it in my test repository.

Please let me know if you see any issues.

Thank you,

Nipuna

0 Kudos
pawanctc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Nipuna,

Can you please direct me to any doc or webpage where I can compare what's new in latest Hyperic version and compare with the older versions?

I did some digging and found we have to set a value for SMS Address from the telecom service provider. Once Hyperic sends an email to the address it will be converted into and sms and sent to the registered mobile number as a text message.

Let me know when you are able to do it. I'll update here where I am able to reach.

Thanks, Pawan If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos