VMware Cloud Community
mikeyboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any way to view historical CPU 'ready' time vs. CPU time with VC2 and ESX3

Hi, does anyone know if it's possible to do the above? With ESX2.5 we used to use VMKUsage to regularly review VM CPU and CPU ready time history to identify if/when VMs were suffering contention, and we also used it to get an idea of how loaded the CPU was. After upgrading to VC2 and ESX3 we appear to have lost that ability. I can see individual real-time per-VM graphs in VC (or even real-time ESXTOP stats)..but I need to see how my VMs/hosts have been performing re. CPU and ready time over the last week/month etc...real-time individual graphs don't help me, I can't monitor/check hundreds of VMs individually in real-time.

Thankyou

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kri-2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

did you find a solution? I am also interested in historical cpu ready values and could not find anything.

Chris

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

I believe the answer is no - ready time is only kept for the real time graph - to save it you would need some sorto fo reporting tool and access the VC dtabase directly -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
ian4563
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Change your statistics level to 3 for whatever interval you want (we keep it for a day) and you will get the ready time for your VC graph. Keep in mind though that this will increase your database size. Make sure you have plenty of space/performance on your SQL transaction drive to handle the stat rollup jobs.

0 Kudos