VMware Cloud Community
choming_tsai
Contributor
Contributor

Can I use different Oracle database user accounts to manage VC?

Hi,

According to my company's policy, the database user who create the schema can't be used to update/change the content of that database.

When we install the VC, we can use the DB admin account which has the right to create table / schema. But after the installation, another DB account which has fewer previlege must be used for data update for VC.

So what can I do to apply this rule to VC? Please provide detail steps on Oracle if possible.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

its possible. Pls refer the section "Configure Oracle Databases" in installation guide.

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere4/r40/vsp_40_esx_vc_installation_guide.pdf

0 Kudos
choming_tsai
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I checked the document from page 79 through 84, I did not find any information regarding my question.

It mentioned we can choose a dba user to create the db schema and install the VC.

Let's say we create a db user "dba-A" to create the db schema and install the VC, after that any activities of VC will be recorded to that db by the user "dba-A". That is what the document means.

But what I want is, while the VC running, the VC will update the db by another db user such as "dba-B" who has less privilege. The "dba-B" is not a  Windows /AD account user, it is a user defined in the Oracle DB.

Anobody can help for this question?

Thanks

0 Kudos