VMware Cloud Community
PaChilds
Contributor
Contributor

Deployed templates result in VMs that are not connected to the network...

When I deploy my templates the VMs are coming up with the network turned off. I have to go in and manuelly turn on the network in the settings before I use the machine. The templates were set up with the "Connect at power on" set for the network, so they should be on the network when deployed.

I also notice that this only occurs when I use the customization specificationduring the deployment of a template. If I deploy the template with no customization selected the VM is connected to the network when the VM is finished deploying.

Is there some setting within the customization settings that I need to set? I have seen others report this problem in the forums but I have not seen any solutions for it yet...

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
A13x
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I think its a problem with the customisation but VMware engineers will tell you this is experimental and if you change configuration settings etc when deploying random things may occur. I have had similar random things happen so at the end of the day i deploy from the template and then customise after.

0 Kudos
PaChilds
Contributor
Contributor

The problem appears to be that I have Anti Virus software installed on my templates. That software is interfering with the machine customizations when they are run and one of the results of that is that my network is not started as connected.

I tried to disable the software to see if that would help, but it didn't. When I uninstalled it from the templates the machine customizations worked correctly and the network connected upon finishing.

0 Kudos