VMware Cloud Community
prakhead
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How do I hide VMs from vsphere client users?

Recently I upgraded from vsphere/vcenter 5 to upgrade1, around this time one of my users reported that they can see many more VMs than previously. It seems since the upgrade (or maybe something I may have changed around the time of the upgrade) has allowed her to see all the VMs in our environment.

I have no idea what may have caused this and would like to set it back so she only sees VMs that she has specific rights on.

Could someone please suggest where I should start looking to resolve this?

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AWo
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have you checked the permissions on Datacenter, Clusters, Groups and Folders already? Are there groups where the user might be member of?

If a user, for example, has at least Read-Only permissiond to one guest, assigned on that guest, he should be able to see only that particular guest.

AWo

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AWo
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have you checked the permissions on Datacenter, Clusters, Groups and Folders already? Are there groups where the user might be member of?

If a user, for example, has at least Read-Only permissiond to one guest, assigned on that guest, he should be able to see only that particular guest.

AWo

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos
prakhead
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Oops, I had managed to add that particular user at the datacenter level instead of at a particular VM.:smileyblush:

Thanks for your quick response.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos