VMware Cloud Community
charlesk
Contributor
Contributor

MKS browser plugin and Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Dear all,

I have been using the MKS plugin in a Web browser and have been unable to mimic the behaviour of Ctrl-Alt-Delete in the VMware Web Access client. When I pressed Ctrl-Alt-Delete while in the console I was expecting the javascript alert box to appear with the text telling me to use Ctrl-Alt-Insert instead of Ctrl-Alt-Delete, but no box appears, the console restarts and the Windows Task Manager appears.

In an attempt to get the box to display I wrote my own Javascript handler and alert box for Ctrl-Alt-Delete but that doesn't work when the actual console has focus, it only works when the containing browser window has focus.

Could anyone tell me how to get the alert box to show?

Thanks,

Charles

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

Windows has control. You need to bypass the API of windows before you give control to the web.

Windows takes control of many functions, this is why it's not working. The API takes the input of the keyboard before it even reaches your web control, that's the problem.

0 Kudos
charlesk
Contributor
Contributor

I understand that windows takes control of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete but all I want to do in this case is provide exactly the same functionality as the VMware Web client, which is to open the Windows task manager and show the alert box, then continue with the VM reboot after the alert box has been closed. When I used the MKS plugin, I expected to get this behavior but instead the alert box didn't get shown, and I would like it to.

Essentially my question is: how does the Web client show the alert box? It doesn't appear to be displayed by the MKS plugin because if it did I would have seen it. I've searched for the text that appears in the alert box in the Web client's web app but couldn't find it.

Charles

0 Kudos
Satish_Fulari
Contributor
Contributor

hi charlesk,

I assume that you have created your own html/browser application in which you have implemented the VM remote Console window. Can you explain the method / procedure to achieve as i am getting problem for creating an object of MKS quickMksAx.dll and further after creating it what methods and procedure need to flow to get vm's window. Now we are able to create an object but after passing parameter we get black screen and nothing.

0 Kudos