VMware Cloud Community
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Mouse doesn't work in VC when using VMware Console

When using VMware Console in VC, the mouse doesn't work. There are no problems when using with Remote Desktop. VM is running W2K3.

Any ideas??

0 Kudos
7 Replies
sumitgad
Contributor
Contributor

Please check if you have installed the updated Vmware tools on the Virtual server.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I certainly have. Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
sumitgad
Contributor
Contributor

Is it a fresh VM installed on ESX or you have migrated it from a physical Server?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

It's a fresh install.

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Did you set the mnouse hardware acceleration - this is the second step to improve mouse performance after vmware tools has been installed - go to your screen properties - Settings => Advanced Button => Troubleshoote tab

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Kind of stumbled across a fix for this. I uninstalled some old MS driver, and hey presto, it worked!! Thanks for all your help guys.

0 Kudos
JohnW
Contributor
Contributor

We have the same mouse problem for all Server 2003 Virtual servers that was previously a Microsoft Virtual Server system and have been P2Ved to VMware ESX 3.5. I have only had and luck getting the mouse to work in the VMware console by using the driver upgrade feature in Device Manager and installing a Microsoft mouse driver. But then the mouse becomes really slow to respond as you might imagine. Doing a reinstall or repair of the VMWare tools just breaks the mouse in the console again. Its the same mouse problem for ESX 3.5 and now that we have upgraded to ESX 4.0 with latest VMware tools and upgraded virtual hardware. The mouse just will not work in the console if it was previously was a Microsoft Virtual server.

0 Kudos