VMware Cloud Community
trevorbell
Contributor
Contributor

Processing Data from Vcente Agent Error

hi all,

i have 3 esx hosts and vcentre vmotion drs etc all working until today ,i couldnt log in the vcenter the service just kept stopping and no matter how many restarts would not stay started long enough to log in, so i decided to reload on a fresh server which i have done but when i try to add the hosts back in i get the following error the status bar gets to 9% retrieving data for vcenter agent then loses connection to the vcenter

The 3 hosts are working fine and i can log into them on their own via VC but really need the VC working so i can resetup DRS Vmotion etc

Any help most welcome as i really need to get this problem fixed if anyone can help ?

Many Thanks

Trev..

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

have you confirmed your vCenter DB is not out of disk space?

0 Kudos
trevorbell
Contributor
Contributor

Troy,

i have 13gb free so plenty of space, one of the hosts has just been sucessfully added but the other two have the error above... the two hosts get to 9% then i get crashed out of VC with a trying to reconnect icon... i have to restart the vcenter service too as it stops it

trev

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

from the hosts in question I would restart the management agents and try to add it again.

>service mgmt-vmware restart

>service vmware-vpxa restart

If all else fails try to manually install the vCenter agent

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1003714

0 Kudos
trevorbell
Contributor
Contributor

treid restarting the services still connection time out after 9% ill look through the kb

0 Kudos
trevorbell
Contributor
Contributor

still abit stuck, the agent reloaded after deleting it but the error still is there hmm not sure what to do now

help anyone ?

thanks

trev

0 Kudos
trevorbell
Contributor
Contributor

I have turned back on the physical VC server and i can connect the same 1 host out of the 3 hosts... i can see all three in the cluster tree but two have the X next to them. i try to connect the host ..it says " retrieving data from vcentre agent 8% then says processing data from vcentre agent the drops me out of vcentre completly and i have to restart the service to get back into Vcentre so im in a sort of loop.

I made a Vm and loaded Vcentre on there and i get exactly the same ( just as a test the real server is a physical server ) ..same add one host but not the two others... so im thinking its a Host issue ? i have logged a gold support call with Vmware 4 hours ago hopefully get a repsonse by end of play today

Any help still welcome the 3 hosts are working fine and can log into them, individually with Vcentre but really need Vcentre to see all three to get vmotion and drs working as these are production servers..

Many Thanks

Trev

0 Kudos
trevorbell
Contributor
Contributor

issue resovled by Vmware remote support, becasue i aded two Vm`w they went curropt and after deleting them could add the other hosts back into the cluster and now fully working.

handy to know...

trev

0 Kudos
GAS1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Trevor,

It appears that I may be having the same issue. You stated "that issue resolved by VMware remote support, because I added two Vm`w they went corrupt and after deleting them could add the other hosts back into the cluster and now fully working." What exactly did VMware remote support delete?

Thank you !!!!

Glen

0 Kudos