VMware Cloud Community
GSClark
Contributor
Contributor

Snapshot errors post migration.

As a bit of a newbie here I have just failed over a VM without checking if it had snapshots. It did. Now it will not restart ("A file was not found" errors). I am completely unable to reconnect it to the snapshots, not even sure what they chould be called anymore. Tyypical that it should happen to the first server I am putting live, and with people watching!

I have uploaded the recent logs and a snapshot of the datastore too, if they are any help.

Any hints/help would be greatly appreciated.

G

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

When you say failed over - do you mean HA or did you vmotion it over? Also a best practices tip your Snapshot has grown to large you can start seeing perfomance problems around a 2 Gig - snapshot should only be run for short periods such as backups aand testing service packs and the like -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awaridng points by marking the answer helpful or correct

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
GSClark
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, sorry falling into bad user habits there, it was migrated over using VMotion, right click menu - migrate.

Thanks for the tip too, goes straight into the procedures doc that I am putting together, mostly gained from when I mess up and fix it Smiley Wink

G

0 Kudos