VMware Cloud Community
fraber01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

UNABLE TO ENABLE PLUGIN IN VC 2.5

Did a fresh install of a workstation, installed the vc client from one of my esx 3.5 r1 servers.

Installed the update manager plugin, everything went fine.

THEN, i clicked the installed tab to see nothing was there even if it says it's installed, so I closed and reopenned the VC client

In the installed plug ins, I can now see the Update manager.

however when I try to enable it, i get this odd error message:

COULD NOT LOAD FILE OR ASSEMBLY 'VIMSOAPSERVICE.25, VERSION=2.5.0.0, CULTURE=NEUTRAL, PUBLICKEYTOKEN=NULL' OR ONE OF ITS DEPENDENCIES. CAN'T FIND THE SPECIFIED FILE.

(the 'can't find the specified file' was freely translated since this part of the message appears in french (my XP is installed in french).

This problem has been discussed here:

http://communities.vmware.com/message/914859#914859

but the question has been closed... and there's no solution... I tried whacking everything from the registry without any chance...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Did you install the server component? - For a plugin to be presented the server component needs to be installed in your VC server.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Did you install the server component? - For a plugin to be presented the server component needs to be installed in your VC server.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
fraber01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I installed the VC client from the ESX host

the clients connects to the VC server from which I downloaded the plugin.

the plugin installed smoothly.

This setup is working fine on many others workstations.

There's only this newly installed workstation who has this error when trying to enable the plugin.

0 Kudos
fraber01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Turned out the VC installation was incorrect, upgrading to the latest vcenter solved the problem,

0 Kudos