VMware Cloud Community
stuartpace
Contributor
Contributor

Update Manager Extension can't be enabled in Plug-in Manager in vCenter Server after update 2 upgrade.

I have just upgraded vCenter x64 from v.4.0 update 1 to update 2. The only option in Plug-in Manager for Update Manager Extension (4.0.0.5332) is to download and install it, so I select this, but when the installer starts I have the option to repair or remove. So it's installed already. I thought I could just enable it here as it was installed during the vCenter upgrade? As a result all the update tabs are missing and the Update Manager is missing in the Inventor. Kind of annoying as I need to upgrade the hosts and VMs ASAP.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

After VC server upgrade, did you also upgrade Update Manager?

If yes, please close VI client and check Add/Remove Programs of the machine and remove VUM plug-in if present.

After this, login to VI client again, open plug-in manager and install VUM plug-in again.

Thanks.

*if you found this or any other answer useful, please consider allocating points for helpful or correct answers*

0 Kudos
stuartpace
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Yes I had upgraded the Update Manager when I ran update 2.

Just removed the VM plug-in from Add/Remove programs and tried installing the new version from Plug-in Manager but same again unfortunately.

0 Kudos
stuartpace
Contributor
Contributor

This issue has been resolved by VMware technical support by following this KB, although they have identified an omission in the article, where vSphere Client must be opened from the command line for the changes to take place.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=1017052&sl...

Hope this helps someone in the future

Stu

0 Kudos