VMware Cloud Community
VAs_RHD_Hachi_R
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VC Server 2.5 Converter Error

I just noticed this error today in my test enviorment, I've finished working on how to do backups and starting on working on restores. Running Infrastructure 3 (ESX 3.5) & VC Server 2.5. The VC Server is on a 2003 Physical Server box and I also installed the VCB 1.1 as well on the VC Server.

Here is my problem, and its has multiple symptons. I can run VI Client from my XP desktop no problem, but I can not download or install the Converter Enterprise pluging ver 1.0 or the Update Manger Exension ver 1.0. I receive one or two different errors.

From VI Client on my XP desktop

I either get an MS Dos prompt windows that gives me the following error which I can hit ignore or cancel, and it just sits there and does nothing
or
I get "unable to connect to the remote server"

From within VC Server 2.5/Virtual Consolidate Backup 1.1 (installed on the same 2003 Server physical not VM)

I get "The request failed because of a connection failure." when i try to us VI from on the server, and its really slow to load, which doesnt make sense since its running on itself.
I also get this error it wont open because of a connectivity error, closes, so I login again and this time the 2 ESX Host summary page is blank or have a bunch of red X's for all the image files, but all the other summary screens are ok for the datacenter, cluster, and guest VM's. Only the 2 ESX Host are messed up.
The last error which bring me back to what I was doing is going to Inventory > Host > Import machine I recieve the "unable to connect to converter enterprise server."

I have tried rebooting the VC Server 2.5/VCB 1.1 server and that didnt help.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

www.ectoyotas.com
0 Kudos
2 Replies
nene47
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all,

I am exactly in the same config and I have the same issue.

I agree ... any suggestions would be great

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
VAs_RHD_Hachi_R
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I found a temporary fix, i created a new thread with a few more updates. Seem that the plugin isnt work properly, but if you download the VMware converter starter that let me import the backup vmx file into my VCS. I actually went and redid the VCS and VBC made them seperate servers and did fresh installs of Server 2003 and the VCS/VCB on each server same issues still. I think its a problem with the plugin.

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/126370

www.ectoyotas.com

www.ectoyotas.com
0 Kudos