VMware Cloud Community
MJURADO
Contributor
Contributor

VI Web Access

Hello,

I am running VirtualCenter 2.5, I added a user to the role of "virtual machine user" so they can basically turn the vm off and on from the VI Web Access, I would like to remove the events, alarms and tasks tabs from their view, Is there a way to do that?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
chill
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

When you are adding the permission for the user, on the right hand side when you select Virtual Machine User, scroll through the options and remove the options for the tasks. The Alarms are not enabled under this permission unless you've changed them.

If you find this information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.

If you find this information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.
0 Kudos
MJURADO
Contributor
Contributor

4654_4654.JPG On the permissions the only thing I have enable under role Virtual Machine User Privileges is - Virtual Machine - Interaction. When the user connects in Web Access they can see all the tabs, all I want them to see is Summary and Console. Is there a way?

0 Kudos
aldikan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

I don't believe there is an easy way to "hide" these tabs.., unless you choose to modify the displayed webpage, which I would not advise.

Alex

0 Kudos
chill
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The tabs cannot be removed. ONly the permissions to use the tabs.

0 Kudos
MJURADO
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. Only by selecting the Generate Remote Console URL, I am able to control the permissions and tab as long as the user does not delete the temp files.

0 Kudos