VMware Cloud Community
Saltin
Contributor
Contributor

VMware vCenter Server Foundation (Limited to 3 Nodes) License Question

Hi All,

I have a couple of instances of vCenter Server Foundation (3 node limit) in my serial number list, and both are registered. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out where to download this piece.

When I go to downloads, I don't see it listed anywhere. All the vCenter download options I can see are "vCenter 4 with modules" and I am not licensed to download that.

I would appreciate any help you can provide in this matter, as we're working on getting our Virtual Center 2.5 (again, 3 node limit) upgraded to vCenter 4 as part of our ESX 3.5 to vSpehere 4 upgrade.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

0 Kudos
Saltin
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Troy,

Thanks for your message although reading through those articles I find nothing that points me in the right direction. In serial listing I definitely see two line items for vCenter Server Foundation (Limited to 3 nodes), and they are registered as of last week, however I cannot find the download anywhere.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

maybe I'm not understanding the question. You are trying to get the proper keys off your license portal?

http://www.vmware.com/support/license_activation.html

0 Kudos
Saltin
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Troy,

Sorry for the lack of clarity, I will try to explain a little better.

I have 3 ESX 3.5 servers which are covered under maintenance and entitled to vSphere 4.0 upgrade. These ESX servers are attached to a Virtual Center 2.5 Foundation instance, which is limited to 3 ESX hosts, which is fine.

I was reading the upgrade guide (upgrade to vSphere 4.0) and noted on page 15 it says "If you have Virtual Center upgrade Virtual Center 2.x to vCenter Server 4.0"

I cannot seem to find the place to get my copy of vCenter Server 4.0.

When I look in my serial number history, I see line item VMware vCenter Server Foundation (Limited to 3 Nodes) and it is reigstered.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

0 Kudos
zoranv
Contributor
Contributor

I have similar questions, we have VI3 and VMware vCenter Server Foundation (Limited to 3 Nodes) License, and we want to upgrade to have more hosts (more than 3 i.e. 6) connected to vCenter.

What upgrade/license do we need to aquire. Thanks.

0 Kudos