VMware Cloud Community
vmtekken
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

templates are gone

I had to reinstall the virtual center server which is used to manage the ESXi hosts.

I had a number of VM templates that I've created prior to reinstalling the virtual center server.

After the reinstall, the templates are not there anymore from the interface.

Is there a way to get the templates to show up?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

When reconnecting to the Virtual center database did you select remove existing data? If so, then the pointers have been removed form your environemnt -to rebuild those you will need to browse to the data store where you have stored the templates and select the file with the VMTX extension right click and select add to inventory this will readd the template to your virtual center inventory

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

When reconnecting to the Virtual center database did you select remove existing data? If so, then the pointers have been removed form your environemnt -to rebuild those you will need to browse to the data store where you have stored the templates and select the file with the VMTX extension right click and select add to inventory this will readd the template to your virtual center inventory

0 Kudos
tlnguyen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello there,

This happens to me too. I did an upgrade of my virtual center server/SQL 2005 express to U3. And upon reconnecting to VC, all my config are gone. I had to redo my cluster/datacenter all over again. Fiddle for a while how to put my templates back. Thanks for the tip. I will try this.

Now I need to uograde my second VC server. Do you know how to do it without losing my config?

I am using ESX 3.5 with a MSSQL 2005 express installed locally.

0 Kudos