VMware Cloud Community
George_Yu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCentre Server 2.5 can't connect to VSphere Host

vCentre Server 2.5 work with VMware 3.5 host well, but it can't connect to VSphere host.

On the step 4: Ready to complete, there is an error message:

Unable to access the specified host. It either does not exit, the server software is not responding, or there is a network problem.

In fact, I can see all the VMs on the vSphere host on second step: Host Summary. So, I don't suspect the problems which the error message mentioned above. I really want to know how vCentre Server 2.5 can work with vSphere well.

Thanks!

George

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
junian_dani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

vCenter Server 2.5 is not compatible with vSphere 4.x host. I think VMware has announced compatibility matrix document (between ESX/Hypervisor host and vCenter Server or others components). Please refer to below URL:

www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere4/r41/vsp_compatibility_matrix.pdf

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
junian_dani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

vCenter Server 2.5 is not compatible with vSphere 4.x host. I think VMware has announced compatibility matrix document (between ESX/Hypervisor host and vCenter Server or others components). Please refer to below URL:

www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere4/r41/vsp_compatibility_matrix.pdf

0 Kudos
sabya1232003
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vSphere Host cant be connected to vCenter 2.5 .But if you want both types of host ...you can install vCenter 4.0 and add ESX 3.5 and ESX 4.0 hosts to it.The reason is the licensing model for vSphere which does not use any lic file or lic server.It uses only a 25 digit Key .

You can still use the old Lic along with your new vSphere lic.

MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

not supports.

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere4/r40/vsp_compatibility_matrix.pdf

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"*

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
George_Yu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank for all your guys.

From your links, EXS 3.5 is compatible with vCenter Server 4.0.

"The reason is the licensing model for vSphere which does not use any lic file or lic server.It uses only a 25 digit Key ."

Now, I need to know how I can do it.

"You can still use the old Lic along with your new vSphere lic. " How?

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

close de discusion please and consider awarding points .

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"*

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Thank for all your guys.

From your links, EXS 3.5 is compatible with vCenter Server 4.0.

vCenter 4.x can manage a 3.5 Host. vCenter2.5 cannot manage a 4.x Host.

"You can still use the old Lic along with your new vSphere lic. " How?

http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/techpaper/vsp_4_legacy_host_lic.pdf