VMware Cloud Community
OsageNDN
Contributor
Contributor

vCloud Usage Meter Error when trying to set password

Let me first start off and say that the user guide is not the helpful in setting the expectation as to what I should expect.  With that said I followed the instructions. I logged in and typed the command with a space in front like it suggested.

I am using version 2.2

/opt/vmware/cloudusagemetering/scripts/webpass.sh

I get the follwing:

display after script.PNG

I have also tried running:

/opt/vmware/cloudusagemetering/scripts/webpass.sh set s PASSWORD

that failed as well:

display after script2.PNG

Am I doing something wrong.  I have changed the root password, network info and timezone already.

Also when I go to the web page: https://MYIPADDRESS:8443/um  I get a page can not be displayed.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
guitzer
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Sender:

I will be Out Of Office returning by Oct. 21st, 2011. I will get back to you ASAP when return.

Regards

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The SLF4J error you are seeing can be ignored as it does not affect the setting of the passord or behavior of the appliance and it will be supressed in a futuure release.

Based on your screenshots, you should be able to go to the webapp and type PASSWORD for access.  Can you send a separate email to vcloudusagemeter@vmware.com if you havent done so already?  I would like to see why your webapp is not starting.

0 Kudos
OsageNDN
Contributor
Contributor

BIGDAVE I am unable to get to the web interface at all.  I am sending an email now.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
OsageNDN
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so I was the crazy one.  I had the NIC on the wrong network.  OOPS!! Thanks everyone for your assistance.

0 Kudos