VMware {code} Community
SreeSindhuSruth
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Service layer- Testing Rest services in localhost

Hi,

Can some one let me know the process of testing the rest services using localhost:8000/rest/test using virgo/tomcat independent of UI layer.

Tried following approaches:

I tried adding the service to the virgo server and started virgo server in eclipse. However localhost:8000 didn't work.

Downloaded virgo-nano and tried startup.bat from command line still localhost wasn't up.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
tganchev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Have you verified that the port 8000 is configured in Virgo. Virgo listens to 8080 and 8443 (for SSL) by default - can you check in server/configuration/tomcat-server.xml that you have 8000 configured as the port:

<Connector port="8000" protocol="HTTP/1.1" ...

0 Kudos
SreeSindhuSruth
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am trying to use a virgo-nano which is in location

C:\Virgo\virgo-nano

It doesn't have any server folder in it.

0 Kudos
tganchev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

OK, my answer was taking into account the fact that you didn't start with virgo-nano - I assumed you tried to test with the vSphere Client app server coming with the vSphere Client SDK (which is based on virgo-tomcat-server).

As far as I know virgo-nano does not come with web support out of the box so you need to deploy additional OSGi bundle that can provide servlet support.

0 Kudos
SreeSindhuSruth
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just tried downloading virgo-apache tomcat and extracted the zip file and tried to start the server .

Tested localhost:8000/ doesn;t work.

Under configuration/tomcat-server.xml

<Service name="Catalina">

<Connector address="127.0.0.1" port="8080"

protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"

connectionTimeout="20000" enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" />

Please let me know on what needs to be fixed to bring the server up.

0 Kudos
tganchev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As you can see from line 2 of the configuration snippet, the port to which virgo is configured to listen for connections on port 8080. Either change the configuration to say port="8000" and restart virgo, or use localhost:8080.

0 Kudos
SreeSindhuSruth
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

started the server from eclipse ide by adding the osgi -spring -service

Console shows

Artifact 'xxx.jar' caused exception when read for repository 'stage'.

Tried localhost:8080/rest/.... Result :HTTP status 404.

using eclipse IDE,

I make a build that generates jar file

configured the project to the server by add and remove and

Started the server.

what am I doing wrong here?

0 Kudos
tganchev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

From only this message it seems that the Virgo server cannot read its "stage" repository - it is the location where Eclipse Virgo Tooling deploys the bundles added under the server in the Servers view.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.png

I am not able to reproduce the issue under Windows. If you are using Mac check the permissions and ownership information of the folder - it should match that of the user running the Eclipse / Virgo instance. Make sure the folder is cleaned before you retry starting the server.

As the question is not vSphere Client SDK specific I believe you will get more answers in the Virgo forum - Eclipse Community Forums: Virgo

-Tony

0 Kudos