VMware {code} Community
anshumanmathur
Contributor
Contributor

Thumbprint does not match.

Hello,

I have installed vCenter Server 5.1 and VMware Web Client Server on one VM.

I have registered a plugin with the vCenter and the location of the zip file of the plugin is on the virgo server of the Web Client Server.

Now when the Web Client tries to download the plugin, from its own virgo server, we get the following exception:

java.security.cert.CertificateException: Server certificate chain is not trusted and thumbprint doesn't match

We have set the thumbprint of the vCenter Server while registering the plugin.

Please tell me which thumbprint are we supposed to provide here. Is there any whay to reset the thumbprint?

thanks,

Anshuman

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ssurana
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Please make sure that the thumbprint format you are using is "XX:XX:XX:..."  i.e. a colon separated and not the space separated like "XX XX XX..."

If this does not help then please share your extensions metadata that you used to register with the server.

~ Sidharth

0 Kudos
vcprog
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

could u tell me ,how to "registered a plugin with the vCenter and the location of the zip file of the plugin is on the virgo server of the Web Client Server."

I have try as the Programming Guide and the SDK document ,but it does not work .

could u help me .

thanks.

seki

0 Kudos
reswaran04
Contributor
Contributor

I think we should provide the thumbprint of the server where your plugin is located. Not the VCenter's.

0 Kudos
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

That's right, the thumbprint is the one for the server where the plugin's .zip file is located.  See the SDK Tutorial doc for more details.

0 Kudos